Thursday, October 23, 2014

Man down

Teddy here. Those who know me in person know I can, at times, attract a comedy of errors.

At about 2am today, my computer broke. While trying to fix it, I unplugged the router. Being unable to fix it, I got frustrated and went to bed. When I woke up, I found that the router was still unplugged, and thus, all the login information for my ISP had been deleted. Normally this is not a big problem, but, all that info is on the broken computer, and, since I used VoIP, I can't even call them.

Long story short, I won't be online to cover the coming Toronto election, or the election in Ukraine. I should be back up and running in 2 weeks, hopefully much shorter.


TORONTO

John Tory should be able to win by at least 4 points, or as many as 12, over Doug Ford. I don't expect any "Fordslide" this time around.

Council will see some totally unexpected surprises, I expect at least one person to win that nobody expected. I also feel that some of the worst Ford Enablers of the past term, like Minnan-Wong (who suddenly finds himself attracted to John Tory) and David Shiner will also go down to defeat. I have a bad feeling, though, that Rob Ford will manage to hold on, if narrowly, to his ward.


UKRAINE

The President should be able to cobble together a majority out of loyal MPs and Independents. If needed, Liberals can be brought in as well. I expect the next election's parliament to last for the full term.



No comments:

Post a Comment