Wednesday, May 29, 2013

And So the Bachmann Era Comes to a Close

Finally!
With an early morning video message to supporters, embattled Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) announced she would not run for re-election next year, the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports.

Said Bachmann: "The law limits anyone from serving as president of the United States for more than eight years. And in my opinion, well, eight years is also long enough for any individual to serve as a representative for a specific congressional district... Be assured: My decision was not in any way influenced by any concerns about my being reelected to Congress... I have every confidence that if I ran, I would again defeat the individual who I defeated last year, who recently announced he is once again running."
The batshit crazy GOP Representative from Minnesota has decided to forgo a chance at re-election in 2014, most likely because she was about to lose to the wonderful Democratic candidate Jim Graves, ending with an 8-minute video about as hokey and self-aggrandizing as you can imagine. I mean, she quite literally compares her term to that of a President's, indirectly saying she's important when we all know she really isn't.

Now, I'm sure this isn't the last we've heard from her, but for the time being she is running away with her tail between her legs. She'll probably get some speaking job on Fox or something, but I'm hoping she slides down the same path as Sarah Palin, into irrelevancy and the butt of many, many jokes.

So long, Michelle. Let the door hit you on the way out.

No comments:

Post a Comment