Wednesday, January 16, 2013

I Hate the Media

This is brilliant. Take the statements of two individuals who haven't talked together about anything, string it all up, and claim that they've "left the door open" to something.

Like co-operation. As we're all aware, yesterday Andrea Horwath yesterday basically said she wouldn't be opposed to forming a coalition with the Liberals. Right.

Today, Kathleen Wynne says:
 I’ve never talked about a formal coalition, but what I have said is that I would be reaching out to both Tim and Andrea,” the Don Valley West MPP told the Star editorial board Tuesday.

It has only been 15 months since the last provincial election, which resulted in a minority legislature, and Wynne said it “would be irresponsible of me not to work with the opposition.”
From a statement that says "I'd talk to them," with "them" including Tim Hudak, we get the headline (with added emphasis of my own):

 Ontario Liberal leadership: Kathleen Wynne and Andrea Horwath leave door open to Liberal-NDP cooperation!!!@#!!

Seriously? I'd like to point out that Sandra Pupatello also says she'd work with the other leaders, also says she isn't interested in the coalition... yet the Star article says she's only interested in "appeasing" the leaders.

Talk about sensationalism. Some days, I don't think I'll actually regret the disappearance of traditional media.

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment