Thursday, November 22, 2012

This Isn't What I Want to See When I Get Up...

Sigh.
When asked whether he thought Canada was "better served when there are more Quebecers in charge than Albertans," Trudeau replied, "I'm a Liberal, so of course I think so, yes. Certainly when we look at the great prime ministers of the 20th century, those that really stood the test of time, they were MPs from Quebec.... This country, Canada, it belongs to us."
My head is sore from the amount of facepalm I have due to how utterly stupid these comments are. Maybe it was taken out of context... but for Christ's sake people, why? Why must you do this to us?

It comes at a time when I was about to settle for supporting Justin Trudeau's candidacy as well. I was going to jump in on his side and everything. I wanted to jump in. But, forget about it now.

Bah. I don't understand the mentality of anyone who things attacking the one region of this country that is probably going to drive growth for the next few years is a good idea. Not only that, but to say that Quebeckers make better representatives.... just, what? I'm sure a Quebecker makes a better representative for Quebec than, say, an anglophone Westerner.... but for Canada overall? Given that we're a nation of constituent parts, which requires representatives of every region and every ideology coming together to fight for their province, but in a way that progresses the entire federation at the same time... its very stupid to say that people from Quebec, or any singular province, are just "better" leaders for the country. Its a lie, for one; its non-inclusive second.

For not just a Liberal, but for a Trudeau to say it, does not bode well. This hasn't been a good couple of days for the party, not at all.

I wonder how long until Martha Hall Findlay or Joyce Murray give him a good twacking over this, because someone in this party needs to.

3 comments:

  1. You have a very good candidate in Martha Hall-Findlay, intelligent,accomplished,and sensible.

    Don't believe for a moment that the average Canadian will support the empty-headed pretty -boy who was fortunate enough to be born to the former Liberal legend,PET.

    Justin Trudeau is an unaccomplished fortunate son who seems to have no control over his emotions and little intelligence or life experience.

    Vote Trudeau to the leadership at the LPC's peril,and prepare to be a permanent third-place Party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Volkov : I read your blog frequently and for the most part I appreciate your content, with the exception of this piece.

    Respectfully, it concerns me that your tender youth may have caused a narrowing of your appreciation of the big picture here.

    Without wishing to seem boastful in the least for any reason; I’m three times you age, attended the BIG CHANGE EVENT For Canada at the 1968 Liberal Leadership Convention that selected Canada’s ALL TIME MOST POPULAR Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau (for whom Steve Harper could / would not even have been able to garner a job as Valet); and I want you to Chill Out, Catch Your Breath and Endeavour To Take A More Macro View … CHEERS BRO !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I appreciate your readership, Dman, I'm gonna need you to be a little more specific on why I should "chill out."

    ReplyDelete