Thursday, February 23, 2012

We Have Our First Declared Contender for the LPoC Leadership!

And he's a 32-year old paramedic from Winnipeg whose been a member for maybe two months! Woo!

His name is Shane Geschiere, and while I'm not betting on his chances, he makes an awesome point in this line:
"I stood on the sidelines in the last election and I looked at the leaders and, well, they all had grey hair," he said. "I don't think it has to be that way."
You know what, he's right. The way things keep going with the NDP, it seems that it'll continue that way as well.

But seriously, who is this guy? Here's his Twitter; here's his Facebook; and here's his Liberal.ca profile (even I don't have one of those).

He doesn't seem hilariously serious. For all I know, he's insane. But whatever, at least someone's interested in the job.

2 comments:

  1. Hasn't clicked yet..Justin at 32, was still teaching school and not ready yet

    ReplyDelete
  2. In declaring his candidacy he has displayed more independence than some previous leaders and in believing he can make a difference despite his position he has shown more passion.

    ReplyDelete