Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Stephen Pawlenty

I take back what I said - this is more ridiculous.


Same music, same theme, same background noise, same mentality... what the heck, man? Is there nothing the Harper Conservatives don't take away from the Grand Ol' Party?

It's not even a very effective ad, in my opinion. I felt like I was watching a movie, not a political advertisement in order to become the largest party in the House of Commons...

h/t Impolitical (though Tim Pawlenty is not the Tea Party type, just so people know)

6 comments:

  1. Canada is more than mountains and hockey and Harper... especially more than Harper :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that Parliament is dissolved, is he still Prime Minister? Doesn't that title only apply if he has to represent the country abroad? I notice he is calling himself that in his electioneering ad. I'm not quite sure how this works. Does anyone else know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kitt, good point =D

    Alison,

    Harper remains PM until he loses the confidence of the House or resigns. That means during the election he's still PM, but since Parliament isn't in session he doesn't do a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't see "American style" as a bad thing. Michael Ignatieff should be proof of that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are correct, Pawlenty is not Tea Party, Globe and several liberal bloggers have it wrong, he is a vanilla Repubublican.
    Rand Paul is "Tea Party Backed", very different from Pawlenty.
    The ad similarities are weak.....Much like Ignatieff talking about "Hope".

    Obama's new ad for 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIA5aszzA18

    ReplyDelete
  6. ridenrain,

    Oh, I see no issue with it either - I think both ads are just cheesy piece's o' crap, but not because they're "American style."

    Rotterdam,

    Seen that ad. So nice and naive, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete