Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Another Reason Why the PLQ Sucks

Caving in to xenophobic fear-mongering by the Pequistes is not exactly how you instill confidence in your party.

I know this will be biased coming from a federalist who thinks the Parti libéral du Québec isn't the greatest institution on the planet for defending one's citizenry, but damn is Legault's mystery party starting to sound good right now. At least only because it's so undefined you can make it into whatever you want it to be...

Seriously, are there no better options in Quebec than a separatist party with a bone to pick with those who aren't pure laine, a federalist party that caves in so easily to nationalist demands it barely deserves to be called "federalist" or "libéral," and three limp smaller parties that couldn't inspire a fish to swim?

I love the place, the history, and the culture... but damn am I glad I don't live in QC. I'd be so politically apathetic I might vote this guy in as Premier.

No comments:

Post a Comment