Wednesday, January 5, 2011

And another one bites the dust

What do Jean-Claude Rocheleau, Ryan Cleary, and Catherine Bell all have in common?

They don't want to be NDP candidates anymore!

Yes, three high-profile candidates - one who has already been the MP - have so far left the NDP, despite already being nominated. Rocheleau joined the Bloc for greener pastures and will be running in their safe seat of La-Pointe-de-l'Ile next election, Cleary just had enough of the buggers, and Bell apparently had better things to do. That's three big names that no longer felt their duty to the NDP was worth anything. Now they've gone on to something better. Ha!

Not that, as a Liberal, I should be gloating too much. We've lost a good share of candidates, though none as high profile as those three. Plus, we lost them because they were nominated for 2009, expecting an election, and over a year later, nothing came. Not because they got sick of us (though some might see it that way, depending who you ask). We're also replenishing our numbers.

My next guess who drops out as a Dipper candidate? Francoise Boivin.

2 comments:

  1. Not so fast, I still see Boivin as a potential winner in Gatineau for the NDP come next election. Long story for another time. My theory plays on the sovereignty question. Boivin is playing the good cheerleader for the NDP these days as the NDP strategist on Tea-party Tommy Schnurmacher's Friday Political panel on CJAD.

    In your last NDP round up post, where you responded to my comment regarding Anne-Lagace Dowson. I know for a fact that she will not be running for the NDP in any riding in the foreseeable future and leave at that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figured Dawson wouldn't. I heard rumours that her riding association in W-VM scorned her somehow.

    Well, let's see what happens with Boivin. So long as the Liberals run a strong campaign in Gatineau, she won't win again. I haven't met Steve MacKinnon, so I don't know how good of a candidate he is there. But, they still managed a good showing in 2008 with a little-known candidate, so I have to assume he can't do any worse.

    ReplyDelete